Layne is an associate on Kanner & Whiteley’s pharmaceutical litigation team. She currently represents insurance companies, managed care organizations and consumers in suits against pharmaceutical manufacturers alleging a variety of violations, including antitrust violations, conspiracy, and fraud violations of the Racketeering Influence and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”) Act.
In a pro bono capacity, Layne volunteers with the Orleans Public Defenders office and represents individuals who have been placed on a waitlist for representation in their felony criminal cases.
Layne graduated from Emory University School of Law, and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from Mount Holyoke College.
Layne is admitted to practice in the State of Louisiana, and the Federal Court for the Middle District of Louisiana. She is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association, New Orleans Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Louisiana Association for Justice. As part of the American Association of Justice, Layne has been appointed to serve on the Law School Committee and the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
In the community, Layne serves on the Board of Directors for the New Orleans Children’s Chorus, and is the Alumni Admissions Representative for Mount Holyoke College in the gulf south region. She also volunteers her time mentoring area high school students in their college admissions applications, and collects donations for formerly incarcerated persons to assist in their re-entry.
Recent Activities & Honors
- Putting Public Records Requests (including FOIA) to Work, Louisiana Association of Justice,
December 11, 2020
- 2019 Finalist, Elite Trial Lawyers, National Law Journal (Pharmaceutical Litigation)
- 2019 Finalist, Elite Trial Lawyers, National Law Journal (Immigration Law)
- Valsartan and Losartan Recall Litigation Conference, Harris Martin, April 16, 2019, Philadelphia, PA.
- Kanner & Whiteley Attorney Helps Reunite a Honduran Mother and Her Daughters After Nearly Four Months’ Separation
- Named “One to Watch” for Law in New Orleans City Business Magazine, 2017